We Love Gadgets....

It is amazing how reliant on technology we are. For example, think of how many times in a day you use a gadget or computer or phone.

Let's take my day so far for example. Today I woke up via my alarm clock. Checked my email on my laptop before even getting out of bed via wireless Internet. I then checked my text messages on my iphone. I then preceded to text a few messages to people. I ate breakfast, but before I could I had to enter the meal into my iphone because I have a calorie counting app on there, (yep, I'm Dieting). After getting ready for class and eating, I made a quick stop to blackboard via my desktop computer to make sure I had finished my homework for the upcoming day.
I then left home in my truck to drive the 20 miles to Hardin Simmons University in Abilene, Tx. Instead of listening to my radio, I chose to listen to my Zune 80 that I had downloaded music to the night before from watching the Grammy's. Got to my first class, Chemistry, had to use my Texas Instruments calculator to solve a few word problems. During my 1 hour break in between my Chemistry class and Spanish II class I again checked blackboard via my laptop to make sure hadn't been cancelled and that I had done that homework (glad I checked because I hadn't finished) I had to use my iphone translator app to help with a few new vocab words. Went to class early, sat for 15 minutes listening to my Zune and playing pool on my iphone. After Spanish I have 1 hour till my Genetics class. Again, made good use of my calculator.
I then made my way to Hastings Book Store Coffee Shop where I sit now to type this blog (and drink a White Chocolate Mocha). I am wasting time until I go to work at 6PM. I have my iphone sitting beside me at the bar just in case I get a phone call or a text message. Here at Hastings I am using the internet via Xanadoo wireless. I over heard the coffee shop manager negotiating a deal to sell desserts from a local restaurant owner. (A large markup is involved! I heard the exact deal!)
When I get to work in a bit, I will log in to my company's secure intranet and check my corporate email....(excuse me, just got an email with a possible job offer, looks good ;-)) Once I check the email and answer the emails from my higher ups, I will check out my stores online website (I am in charge of online sales for our store) for sales. I will then check reports for our outside sales department, (yep... I'm in charge of that too)
If I am able to land the job interview that I just received, I will use my TomTom to get to that location because I don't know the streets too well here.
I am sure there were many other instances where I used gadgets today or will use today, but my brain is hurting and I am excited about a possible new job interview!!!!!!

Many of the items I used today weren't even around 10 years ago. Look how far we've come and how far we have to go! Have a Great Day!

 

0 comments: