Update Your Resume

The economic slowdown finally hit Abilene, Texas. Many of our retail stores have DRASTICALLY cut the amount of people working and the hours they work. I have personally not been affected yet, but I might soon. I want everyone that reads this to spruce up their resume at this time. To your resume I want everyone to add relevent accomplishments and generally just make it more up to date. If you are in School/College ask someone from the Career department to check over it for you.

I also wanted to add something to my New Year's Resolution list.

I want to take at least 12 online business/marketing courses this year. I think these will look great on my resume.

I also want to find a job or get a promotion that pays at least $15 per hour! That would be a 23% pay raise to what I make now.

Also, I am getting ready to file my taxes for last year. I am still waiting on my two employers from last year to send me my W2's, if you attended college last year, wait on them to send some paperwork for you too. I forgot last year and had to get my taxes re-done, and it costs a pretty penny.

 

0 comments: