The Beginning Totals of all Accounts

How I got to these totals:
If I had $12,251 in msft stock, i took the $251 and left the $12,000 off, same with the savings account, money market account, and personal loan account. I consider it reasonable that a student could have some money in some type of account already, or even a piggy bank at home, and hopefully through this blog, we can get students invested in the economy and not just storing cash in their mattress.

My Savings Account: $256.24
My savings account is though a credit union that you must be a relative of to get in, I got in through my Great-Grandfather a few years before he died.

My Investing Account: $672.40
I hold positions in General Electric, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, AT&T, Napster, & Sirius Radio. All of my dividends are automatically re-invested into these companies.

My Money Market Account: $25.79
This is handled by the same company that handles my investment account and at any time I can move this amount into my investment account to purchase stock.

My Personal Loan Account: $238.82
Currently Loaned: $206.02
Waiting to be Loaned: $32.80 * does not make any of interest while waiting.
Thanks to Prosper.com I am able to make loans to individuals and make a lending fee off of each loan. If you want to join Prosper let me know and I will send you a link and we will both get an extra $25.

So...The Grand Total is............(drumroll please)...........$1,193.25

My Goal is to increase this amount by at least $1 per day for at least a few months in roll. We will try experiments about making money and trying new things and old ideas...(I am thinking about a lemonade stand in the next few months to just see who profitable one would be)
If you have any ideas, let me know, I want to try it!

 

0 comments: