Want to buy Stocks?

I get this question a lot. "What Stocks should I buy?"
Not an easy question, do you want growth, steady income, inflation hedge, when do you retire? All of these questions have to be answered before you need to make any decisions on stock.

Also, you need to do research, does the company make money, have good management, facing any new competition? You want a great company that will last and will be able to ride any rough tides. (This applies to investing, not trading)

I always suggest that you get yourself a practice account, just to test any strategy. Currently CNBC.com is running a stockpicker challenge with weekly prizes. At one time I was in the top .03% of accounts. I have fallen a bit but I have faith that I will be back up there.



Update
Last time I posted about how we were going to try the envelope stuffing thing, well, after reading the materials that were sent to us, we decided that we were being scammed, 2 of the ones said we would make 50% commission from selling roses and alarm systems, We would have to stuff the envelopes with the catalogues and hope we got an order, but it did not describe how the company would keep track of the orders we generated. The other one wanted us to send a deposit, but it would only accept cash, but it had a great tagline, $9 per envelope. So, needless to say, we will not be sending any money to any of these companies, Also we tried calling the BBB from where these envelopes originated, but it was the weekend so we got no answer.

 

0 comments: